Hello Paper and Uni friends!
Sharing with you my latest project I made with the Flying Unicorn September Kit. This blogpost is going to be quite a lengthy one.
In the kit we got a 12x12 cardboard piece that would normally work very nicely as a canvas, but this time I wanted to do something different with it. So I put my thinking cap on and made myself a small album.
The size is quite easy. 6x6 for the cover and 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 for the inside pages. Since we got the whole Prima 6x6 Rossibelle Collection the perfect sizes to work with.
Once I had cut the pieces to size I used the Prima double sided tape to glue it together. Make sure to give your book the space to be able to fold.
I chose to make the pages a little bit smaller then the cover.
The space between the pages gives you some room for some bulkier flowers and embellishments if you like.
Now that the book has been put together and we've made sure our seams are all bendable and sturdy we can start decorating.
The Rossibelle collection gives you so many options and I was lucky to have to complete collection. For most of the project I tried to stay with the marvelous Flying Unicorn kit though.
I like to keep the adjacent pages similar to each other, so I started with the same base papers. After that you can play around a little. I cut a 3x6 strip and only glued the edges to create a pocket. On the edge I put a punched paper strip. For the right page I cropped one of the 4x6 Journal Notecards.
For the next 2 pages I started out with the flower base papers and made the pockets with the black and white papers, using the pink paper as the punched edge. Using some of the stickers form the 6x6 collection to decorate and the gorgeous flowers.
Now It's time to return to the front of the book. I used a metal frame by Tim Holtz. To make it fit in with the foiled look of the 12x12 papers, I used some of the Brass hardware paint on it. To make it a little bit more fun I found this cute little crown in my stash and I wanted to put it on top of it. Also drybrushed the crown with the same paint.
The tittle fits perfectly. I picked the flowers I wanted to use. Made some die cut leaves with the Rossibelle paper and cut some pieces of the organza to tuck in, here and there. It's already coming along quite nicely.
The little Scrapiniec chipboard sprigs add just a fun little detail. A little bling from the new Rossible trim is a nice accent. On the little tags I put some to make it stand out and also on the outline of the flowers. From a second page I cut out some butterflies and glued them down.
I got the Seal of Approval piece from the Chipboard and More pack.
I went for the black and white paper on the back. Used the resin piece in the center and glued a little metal pull to connect the metal chain, On the spine of the book I glued the petite rosette trim with a Memory Hardware Pull in the middle. On the pull I hung some embellishments and tied some organza.
This is my little book! I hope you've enjoyed the process.
Below is the list with used items:
Prima - Rossibelle -6x6 Collection - 585440
Prima - Rossibelle - Ephemera - 587048
Prima - Rossibelle - Branwin - 590505
Prima - Rossibelle - 590574
Prima - Rossibelle - Trim - 58873
Prima - Trim - Snow Lace - 577066
Prima - Trim - Petite Rosette - 990459
Tim Holtz - Baroque Frames - TH93267
Prima - Finnabair - Acrylic paint - Metallique Brass Hardware - 963095
Prima - Stencil - Crackle - 564247
Prima - Gesso - 961442
Prima - Modeling Paste - 961411
Prima - Memory Hardware - Vincennes Metal Pulls - 990343
Prima - Metal Embellishments - 583576
Prima - Junkyard Findings - Ignition keys - 891787
Scrapiniec - 4293
Thank you very much for looking.