Hi Unis! It's Jax with you today with a Build a Tag tutorial with the wooden Julie Nutting Doll included in the Small Art, Big Passion kit. The wooden dolls can be a bit more daunting to customize than the stamps or the dies, so I wanted to give you some tips on ways to make it your own (and pitfalls to avoid).
I applied the Dazzlerz following the sections of the skirt, keeping application over the laser cuts to a minimum so they remained visible. In the photo below you can see the gorgeous texture.
For the hair, I carefully painted on the Chalk Woodbine mist from the Mixed Art Add-On.
Isn't her hair colour stunning?
I added touches of white using a Sharpie Paint Pen, colouring the buttons, her leggings, highlights in her hair and the collar of her dress.
The packaging from the wooden doll makes an ideal backing to build a tag upon.
I trimmed some of the 6x6 papers from the Small Art, Big Passion add-on to fit the tag, and added some of the 13 Arts Cosy Evening stickers.
One of the fussy-curable images from the 6x6 pad is perfect as a centre for the snowflake.
A little inking to tie all the elements together, using a Prima Chalk Edger...
And here is the finished tag, trimmed with the red grosgrain ribbon from the Mixed Passion add-on, Prima and Petaloo flowers and cork embellishments and an Ingvild Bolme Lamppost.
· Prima stone wall stencil
· FUL metal adronments
· Petaloo White Botanica Blooms
· Studio 75 Winter Morning 5
· Studio 75 Winter Morning 6
· Studio 75 Winter Morning 6x6 Paper Pack
· Prima lace and doily stamp pack. it’s this one: http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m_NksSsm9Thh8zFrP5osIIg.jpg
· This wax cord: http://www.flyingunicornstore.com/product_p/may-451-09.htm
· Manor house creations flowers, this one: http://www.flyingunicornstore.com/product_p/mh-idyllic-3098idcorn.htm
· inklingz: me & blue, ultra marine
· shimmerz: sky blue, ultra marine
· spritz: sapphire
· coloringz: well blue my mind
· dimensionz: blue lagoon, pearly gates
· Prima epiphany wood icons